Jain Pratikaman - PVH way
PVH-Style Pratikraman Protocol
During Paryushan, at the traditional time for Pratikraman, sit quietly at home in front of your PVH materials with the PVH Affirmation Book.
1. Preparation — Begin With Self-Reflection
Before writing any names or beginning the affirmations, spend a few minutes reviewing your own thoughts, words, actions, and relationships.
Ask yourself:
- Whom may I have hurt through my words?
- Whom may I have hurt through my actions?
- Did I judge someone unfairly?
- Did I react from anger?
- Did pride, ego, or stubbornness affect how I behaved?
- Was I dishonest, dismissive, insensitive, or unfair?
- Did I act from jealousy, resentment, possessiveness, fear, or hurt?
- Did I knowingly or unknowingly cause harm to anyone?
- Is there anyone toward whom I am still carrying anger, resentment, bitterness, or pain?
- Is there any relationship where I need to acknowledge my own part more honestly?
- Is there anything I need to forgive myself for?
- Is there any pattern I do not want to carry forward?
The purpose is not to judge yourself, but to look clearly and honestly at what needs healing, forgiveness, or correction.
2. Write Down the Names
Write down the names of anyone:
- whom you may have hurt
- who may have hurt you
- with whom there has been conflict, misunderstanding, emotional pain, resentment, or negativity
- whose name came strongly to mind during your self-reflection
Organize the names according to the relationship:
- Page 2: Family
- Page 3: In-laws
- Page 4: Husband / Wife
- Page 5: People you work with, people who work for you, colleagues, etc.
- Page 6: Current or past romantic relationships, including boyfriend, girlfriend, ex-husband, ex-wife, etc.
If there is something specific you want to remember for a particular person, note it next to their name.
Also prepare a separate list of the people or areas of life for which you would like to do Divine Fire at the end.
3. Set Your Intention
Sit quietly for a moment and set a simple intention:
“I am willing to look honestly at my own mistakes, release what needs to be released, forgive where I can, and bring more clarity and light into my relationships.”
Then do a short Divine Fire for yourself and your soul before beginning.
4. Page 1 — Self-Forgiveness
Page 1 is for yourself.
Read it three times.
Read it with the intention of:
- acknowledging your own mistakes
- forgiving yourself
- releasing guilt, shame, hurt, or inner conflict
- becoming more aware of patterns you do not want to repeat
Pause for a few moments afterward and ask:
“What do I want to do differently going forward?”
5. Pages 2 to 6 — Karma Balance in Relationships
Pages 2 to 6 are for our relationships and Karma Balance.
For each relationship:
- Take one person at a time.
- Read the full relevant page once for that person.
- Do not combine several names together when you have enough time to read individually.
- Even when the relationship is good, you may read individually for close family members and other important relationships.
- As you read, acknowledge your own part honestly, without focusing only on what the other person did.
After reading for each person, you may hold the intention:
“For any hurt I may have caused knowingly or unknowingly, I ask forgiveness. I also release the hurt, anger, or resentment I may be carrying.”
At the end of each relationship category, read the page once more generally for everyone in that category whose name you did not take individually.
For example:
“I now read this affirmation for all members of my family whose names I have not taken individually.”
Use the same approach for Pages 3, 4, 5, and 6.
6. Page 7 — Releasing Remaining Negative Energy
Page 7 is especially important.
Pages 2 to 6 primarily focus on Karma Balance, while Page 7 helps address remaining negative or dark energy associated with difficult relationships, emotional pain, or unresolved experiences.
Depending on the time available:
- If there has been significant hurt or conflict with someone, read Page 7 separately for that person.
- If time is limited, you may take two or three names together.
- If there is very little time, read it once generally for everyone.
At the end, read Page 7 once generally for:
- anyone whom you may have hurt
- anyone who may have hurt you
- anyone who may feel jealousy, resentment, unhappiness, anger, or negativity toward you
- anyone sending any form of dark or negative energy
- the Higher Souls of all such people
- any associated entities or energies
The intention is for any remaining negative energy connected with these relationships to be safely cleared.
7. Pause and Reflect Again
Sit quietly for a moment and ask yourself:
- What did I see more clearly about myself?
- Is there anyone I still need to forgive?
- Is there anyone from whom I need to ask forgiveness in real life?
- Is there any behavior I want to consciously change?
- Is there anything I am ready to stop carrying?
You do not need to force an answer. Just notice what arises.
8. Continue With the Remaining PVH Pages
After completing Pages 1 to 7, continue with the remaining affirmations for yourself.
- Page 8: For self
- Page 9: Virus and Bacteria
- Continue with the remaining healing and spiritual affirmations in sequence.
9. Soul Elevation and Daily Blessings
Before doing the closing Divine Fire:
- Do Soul Elevation in front of the current month page of the Portal.
- Play the Daily Blessing videos for the current year.
Allow yourself to receive the blessing fully before moving to the final Divine Fire.
10. End With Divine Fire
After Soul Elevation and the Daily Blessings, use the remaining time for approximately 5 to 10 minutes of Divine Fire.
You may do Divine Fire for:
- yourself
- your soul
- your family
- your home
- your workplace or business
- prosperity
- any relationship that needs healing
- any other area of life where Divine Light and healing are needed
If time allows, do each one separately.
11. Closing Acceptance and Gratitude
Close with:
“I deeply, completely, and consciously accept myself.
I deeply, consciously, and completely accept this manifest life as it is.
I thank God for all the lessons.
I thank Siva Sir, PVH, all the Divine Beings, my Higher Soul, and my spiritual guides, helpers, and teachers for this blessing, and for making me an instrument of this blessing, so that I may progress and my soul may progress in this lifetime.
Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.”
This completes the PVH-style Pratikraman.
Every year during Paryushan, millions of Jains around the world observe this sacred period of introspection, forgiveness and spiritual purification, with Pratikraman forming an important part of the observance for many Jain families and communities.
What is Paryushan? What is Pratikaman;
Paryushan is one of the most important annual spiritual observances in Jainism. It is a period devoted to self-reflection, restraint, fasting or simplified living, prayer, forgiveness, and purification of one’s thoughts and actions. The emphasis is on turning inward, reducing attachment and negativity, and consciously correcting one’s conduct. It culminates in Samvatsari, the day of universal forgiveness, when Jains ask forgiveness from others with the spirit of Micchami Dukkadam — “If I have hurt you in any way, knowingly or unknowingly, please forgive me.”
Pratikraman is the Jain practice of looking back at one’s actions, recognizing mistakes, asking forgiveness, and resolving to avoid repeating harmful thoughts, words, or actions. It includes repentance, reflection, forgiveness, and spiritual cleansing. While Pratikraman can be practiced regularly throughout the year, it takes on special importance during Paryushan, especially on Samvatsari.
A simple way to distinguish them:
- Paryushan = the sacred annual period of introspection, purification, and forgiveness.
- Pratikraman = the specific spiritual practice of reviewing one’s conduct, repenting, seeking forgiveness, and renewing one’s intentions.
Comments
Post a Comment